The south India has much to discover be it forests, mountains, waterfalls, beaches, especially temples. The transportation is much easier now you can always hire a car or get bus tickets and if you are one with the adventurer soul take a road trip to the top tourist places in Karnataka. Karnataka is quite safe if you are planning a girl trip, the only problem you may face is the language, but travelers always are smart at communicating through sign language.
Here is a list of top tourist places in Karnataka:
- Bangalore palace: This palatial estate was once owned by Mysore royal family built in 1944, witness the architecture of the historic palace. Take a look at the ancient painting and sculptures inside, hire a guide to listen to the royal tales, this place is just 32 km from the airport
- Sirimane waterfalls: The exotic natural waterfalls just located 300 km from the airport, this place have a magnificent view. You will find a resident guide from a small village conducting a short walk through the village and will also show you some viewpoint. You may need to pay a meager entry fee at the location.
- Bandipur National Park: This place is apt to satisfy your adventure soul, though government and private vehicle trips are arranged to visit the tiger trails but if you are lucky you get the see wild elephant herd, deer, monkey, wild boar on the way
- Nagarhole National park: This is also a national park is declared as the thirty-seventh tiger reserve in India, you can spot tigers, leopards, jackal, elephants, sloth bear and many estranged species. This place was formerly treated as hunting reserve during the rules of kings.
- Nilgiris: If you want to breathe in serenity this is the place to be, totally hilly region surrounded by tea- coffee plantation and you smell the aromatic Indian spices all over the place. This place is 324 km from the airport and the roads have awesome scenic view try out the local Dhaba food.
- Ooty: This is popular hill station mostly visited during the summers and paradise for the nature lover, do visit the Ooty lake and Pykara lake for boating and also check out the houseboat at Pykara lake and do not miss out the Sandynalla reservoir.
- Madikeri: An awesome place to be with a number of small and big stream natural waters amidst of hills. You can plan for trekking or camping, visit the coffee plantations. This is place only 300km from the airport.
- Hogenakkal Falls: This is said to be the smaller version of Niagara Falls, this falls have medical effects, and many people all over the world come here to take a dip to get rid of chronic pains. Try the hide boat ride for boosting your adrenaline rush.
- Dandeli: Dandeli is famous for camping and river rafting at river Kaneri and river Nagajhari, this is a paradise for the wanders soul. You get to visit the wildlife sanctuary and if you are lucky you can spot tigers, black panthers, leopards etc. There are many options for adventure sports like mountain biking, cycling, canoeing etc.
- Gokarna: This is a popular beach in only 500 km from Bangalore apart from the serene beaches you also get to visit the famous Mahabaleshwar temple. This temple is said to be home of Atmalinga that was a gift from lord Shiva to Ravana
- Pattadakal: At this place you get to see the Chalukya style of architecture, you will find a number of temples with rich architectural structure and design, the best among them to consider is the Sangameshwara temple, Papanatha temple, Mallikarjuna and Kashi Vishwanath temple, this place is 430 km from the airport.
Although these are just a few to mention but then there are many around the corner, you need to do a little research as many of these place can be covered on single trip consult any tour conductor before you set out to discover. The top tourist places in Karnataka is worth paying a visit, the weather in Karnataka is comfortable even during the summers, so I guess all you need is a perfect plan, and the gang to enjoy these thrilling places and satisfy your adventure soul.